Pregnancy Pillows ... to buy or not to buy...
Pregnancy pillows are a hot topic, and there are a lot of women out there who swear by them. But you may be wondering if they're really worth the hype or if they're just another gimmick that's being pushed on desperate mums-to-be who have no other choice but to buy one.
Well, it's time to put those fears aside because pregnancy pillows are totally worth it—and here's why;
Why you should consider buying a pregnancy pillow
Better Sleep: Pregnancy pillows can help pregnant women get more comfortable and restful sleep. They can provide support to the body, relieve pressure on joints and reduce the likelihood of waking up due to discomfort.
Improved Posture: Pregnancy pillows can also help improve posture by encouraging the body to maintain a neutral spine position, which can reduce back and neck pain.
Reduced Swelling: Pregnancy pillows can also help reduce swelling in the legs and feet by elevating them, which can improve circulation.
Relief from Heartburn and Acid Reflux: Pregnancy pillows can also be useful in reducing heartburn and acid reflux during pregnancy by keeping the upper body elevated.
Support During Breastfeeding: After giving birth, pregnancy pillows can also be used to provide support during breastfeeding, making the experience more comfortable for both mother and baby.
With all these benefits in mind;
How to choose a pregnancy pillow that works for you
- Choose one that's comfortable and supportive. There are many types of pillows on the market, so find one that fits your body type and sleeping habits best. If you like to sleep on your back or stomach but don't want your head to fall off the edge when you turn over in bed, then a C-shaped pillow may be for you. If instead you prefer to sleep with no pillow under your head at all (a common choice among pregnant women), then look for something more firm such as memory foam or latex foam.
- The size should be right for both sides of your body—not too long or wide as this could make it difficult for some women to get comfortable while they're lying down at night; also consider how much room there is around you during sleep since this will affect comfort levels during rest periods too.
- Check if the cover can be removed easily for washing. After several months of use or when perspiration becomes trapped inside the material causing odours it's helpful to have a machine washable cover.
When shopping for a pregnancy pillow, you'll want to look for a few key attributes:
- Firm yet comfortable. A firm pillow will offer more support than one that's too soft, but it should still be comfortable enough to use every night.
- Long enough to fully support your body. You'll want a pillow that extends from under your head to around the middle of your back so that you can use it on both sides and get full coverage from head to toe.
- Easy-to-clean material (such as cotton). Since you'll be using this pillow frequently throughout your pregnancy and beyond, having something easy-to-wash is important—you don't want to spend all day scrubbing stains out or struggling with fabric tags!
Where can I find a pregnancy pillow?
Amazon offers a wide selection of pregnancy pillows from different brands and at various price points.
Target sells pregnancy pillows, both in-store and online.
Bed Bath & Beyond carries a variety of pregnancy pillows from different brands.
Maternity stores: Maternity stores such as Baby Bunting and Baby Junction carry pregnancy pillows.
Specialty retailers: There are also large retailers that sell pregnancy pillows, such as Myer and David Jones
Pregnancy pillows are worth the hype.
Pregnancy pillows are a great investment because they can help you get a good night's sleep, relieve pain and discomfort.
So if you've been wondering whether or not these pregnancy pillows are worth all the hype—well, they are!
Whether you're trying to get pregnant or are just looking for a little comfort, a pregnancy pillow can be an excellent investment. It's worth noting that these pillows aren't just for expecting mothers; anyone with back pain will benefit from using one!